Our team's goal was to create a way to print client ID cards in an inexpensive way so there would not be a large cost barrier to implement the barcode scanning tools. There are two ways to print ID’s: One-by-one printed on a regular 8 1/2" x 11" standard sheet of paper or card stock from your printer. Or, print off ID cards in a "batch" using the "Avery Business Card 8371" template. There is no specific "ID card printer" that we recommend for this process as most of them are very expensive.
The CharityTracker/Oasis Insight technical team recommends the following compatible devices to be used with our solutions. Please note that other models or devices may work well but have not yet been tested with the system.
Barcode Scanners – To Scan client ID Card and assistance barcodes:
- NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner ~$35/each
- Motorola LI2208 Barcode Scanner ~$120/each
- Motorola LI4278 Cordless Scanner (wireless) ~$280/each
Upload Client Photo
- Open any client's Case and click the [Add Photo] button found on the right-side of the Case screen (see screenshot here).
- Click either [Use My Webcam] or [Upload an Image] option (see screenshot here).
- That's it!
ID Cards - Our team's goal was to create a way to print client ID cards in an inexpensive way so there would not be a large cost barrier to implement the barcode scanning tools. There are two ways to print ID’s:
---One-by-one printed on a regular 8 1/2" x 11" standard sheet of paper or card stock from your printer.
- Open a client's Case.
- Click the [PRINT ID CARD] link found in the bottom-right corner of the screen (see screenshot here).
- Click the [Print] button in the top-right corner (see screenshot here).
---Or, print off ID cards in a "batch" using the "Avery Business Card 8371" template: Avery Business Card 8371 Template (pack of 250) ~$10/each
- Once your Cases have been entered, visit your [My Agency] tab.
- Click on the [Reports] sub-tab
- Under the "Saved Reports" section you should see a custom report called "Multiple ID Cards – Avery 8371"-- You can either click the name of the report to open the ID cards to print, or click the EDIT link to re-run the report (see screenshot here).
- Save the report to your computer and open.
- Make sure your printer is set-up with the Avery business card templates before clicking Print.
Third-Party Barcodes (instead of printing ID Cards) - For example, you can use a driver's license as the client's ID Card. LEARN MORE HERE
Laminator Machine - For extra protection, a member agency could invest in a business card laminator machine:
- Swingline GBC Thermal Laminator 1100L ~$62/each
- Scotch Thermal Pouches Business Card (pack of 100) ~$15/each
Webcam- Client photos can be taken with a webcam:
Printer – ID Cards as well as reports can be printed from CharityTracker. Any basic printer can be used to accomplish this:
ID Card Printer -- The Badgy 100 Plastic ID Card Printer is now fully tested and compatible with Oasis Insight and CharityTracker. It’s the most affordable ($599) ID card printer we have seen on the market and it works great. Here’s a video a that shows the process of printing an ID card made in Oasis Insight/CharityTracker - Click here to watch video